Roughly 10 years ago it was nearly impossible to find a chemical-free sunscreen. Being fair-skinned and fed up, I decided to make my own. I was also fascinated by the healing properties of the cannabis /hemp plant and was obsessed with researching the plant’s natural abilities to create homeostasis within our bodies, be it internal or as a topical. This led to a natural progression in developing more products using only essential ingredients that actually work and benefit my customers and me. All-natural, all organic, all eco-friendly and all made with love!
THIS is what you look like when you apply an excessive amount of the product!
This is the first year that you are involved in SGOTY. Why have you chosen to align your brand with this event?
This event celebrates African and its wonders. Essentology wants to protect and share our experience with those who bring us closer to it through our healing products. We only source ingredients from the continent and salute the people on the ground for their hard work to conserve our environment and animals. We are all about practicality, whether it be in our day to day lives or the products we use. Those who are constantly exposed to the harsh African sun for hours on end need products that work fast and efficiently.
- Provide educational opportunities to promote the conservation and rehabilitation of the cultural and natural heritage of southern Africa.
- To maintain and serve a professional association of highly-trained tourist guides, tour operators and hospitality institutes.
- To promote a culture of professional guiding based on a strong ethical, well-informed, safety conscious approach that provides the visitor to southern Africa with a pleasant and memorable experience.
- To fully commit to the development and implementation of the national qualifications, promoting the development of all tourist guides including historically disadvantaged individuals, as a part of the South African transformation process.
- To promote the development of guides through the use of training programmes that conform to high standards of learner development.
- To promote the highest standards of guide assessment by appointing fully qualified and experienced assessors.